Christopher Shade, PhD
Founder and CEO
Dr. Christopher Shade, PhD, founder and CEO of Quicksilver Scientific®, specializes in the biological, environmental, and analytical chemistry of mercury in all its forms and their interactions with sulfur compounds, particularly glutathione and its enzyme system.
He has patented a mercury speciation diagnostic process to analyze human toxicity, founded the only clinical lab in the world offering mercury speciation analysis, and has designed cutting edge systems of nutraceuticals for detoxification and antioxidant protection, including advanced phospholipid delivery systems for both water- and fat-soluble compounds. His Quicksilver Delivery Systems® nanoparticle technology increases the bioavailability of supplements and protocols leading to higher efficacy products.
Dr. Shade is regularly sought out to speak as an educator on the topics of mercury, environmental toxicities, neuroinflammation, immune dysregulation, and the human detoxification system in the United States and internationally. He has helped corporate executives, professional athletes, celebrities, children with autism, patients with chronic immune disorders and more. He strives to evolve the way the medical industry delivers care, and he is perpetually broadening the way the world understands health.
2005 Ph.D. Environmental Science/Aquatic Chemistry, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
2000 M.S. Environmental Sciences, Lehigh University, Bethlehem, PA
1993 B.S. Environmental Sciences, Lehigh University, Bethlehem, PA
- Metabolic Medicine Institute, faculty. Teach 2-4 hr courses in detoxification biochemistry to functional medicine practitioners as part of both Fellowship and Graduate Certificate programs.
- George Washington University School of Medicine and Health Sciences, faculty. Part of a collaboration with MMI to provide a Graduate Certificate in Integrative Medicine to applicable health
- American College of Integrative Medicine and Dentistry, faculty. Teach 8-hr short course in metals detoxification twice per year as part of a 15-day program to introduce holistic medicine to
RECENT REPRESENTATIVE PRESENTATIONS ON TOXICOLOGY AND THE HUMAN DETOXIFICATION SYSTEM
- USA CBD Expo, Superior CBD Delivery with Nano Lipid Particle Technology.
- UpgradeXP, Beyond Detox: Integrating Autophagy Into Detoxification Protocols.
- ARP, TFIM, BioRegenesis, A4M, SopMed, 2019
- ACIMD, Interpreting the Mercury Tri-Test.
- Paleof(x), 2019, Beyond Detox: Integrating Autophagy Into Detoxification Protocols.
Pathways for Cellular Neurological, and Liver Detoxification.
- Autism One, 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015. Multiple lectures on topics including detoxification, endocannabinoids, and neuroinflammation.
- IAOMT Spring Conference 2018. Pathways for Cellular, Neurological, and Liver Detoxification.
- FFM Phoenix & Dallas, Pathways for Cellular, Neurological, and Liver Detoxification.
- BioCeuticals Symposium,2017, Sydney, Australia.
- Texas Functional Medicine Meeting, 2017, Dallas, TX. Detoxification and Neuroinflammation Control Through Glutathione System Upregulation and Neurostabilization Strategies.
- Society of Progressive Medical Education (SOPMed), 2019, 2018, 2017, Colorado Springs, CO. Detoxification Strategies for Neuro Inflammation.
- American Academy of Anti-Aging Medicine (A4M),2019, 2018, 2017, 2016, Las Vegas, NV. Creating physiological stress-resistance with a “top-down/bottom-up” combination of the neuroadaptogen cannabidiol (CBD) and traditional adrenoadaptogenic herbs.
- Shade C. How To Protect Your Body From Mercury Exposure When Removing Dental Amalgams. Alternative Medicine Magazine, 2018 June.
- Shade C. A New Way to Detox: Push Out the Bad, Make Room for the Good. New Living Magazine. 2018 May.
- Shade C, Decker C. A Push-Catch System That Enables Effective Detoxification. Townsend Letter, 2018 Mar-Apr.
- Shade C. Liposomes as Advanced Delivery Systems for Nutraceuticals. Integr Med (Encinitas). 2016 Mar;15(1):33-6.
- Schwartz SA, Utts J, Spottiswoode SJ, Shade CW, Tully L, Morris WF, Nachman G. A double-blind, randomized study to assess the validity of applied kinesiology (AK) as a diagnostic tool and as a nonlocal proximity effect. Explore (NY). 2014 Mar-Apr;10(2):99-108.
- Dórea JG, Wimer W, Marques RC, Shade C. Automated Speciation of Mercury in the Hair of Breastfed Infants Exposed to Ethylmercury from Thimerosal-Containing Vaccines. Biol Trace Elem Res. 2011 Jun;140(3):262-71.
- Laird BD, Shade C, Gantner N, Chan HM, Siciliano SD. Bioaccessibility of mercury from traditional northern country foods measured using an in vitro gastrointestinal model is independent of mercury concentration. Sci Total Environ. 2009 Nov 15;407(23):6003-8.
- Shade CW. Automated simultaneous analysis of monomethyl and mercuric Hg in biotic samples by Hg-thiourea complex liquid chromatography following acidic thiourea leaching. Environ Sci Technol. 2008 Sep 1;42(17):6604-10.
- Zhao X, Rockne KJ, Drummond JL, Hurley RK, Shade CW, Hudson RJ. Characterization of methyl mercury in dental wastewater and correlation with sulfate-reducing bacterial DNA. Environ Sci Technol. 2008 Apr 15;42(8):2780-6.
- Shade CW, Hudson RJ. Determination of MeHg in environmental sample matrices using Hg-thiourea complex ion chromatography with on-line cold vapor generation and atomic fluorescence spectrometric detection. Environ Sci Technol. 2005 Jul 1;39(13):4974-82.
- Hudson RJ, Shade CW. The Chemical Form of Mercury in Fish. [Letter] Science, 2004; 303(5659):763.
Shade CW, Hudson RJ. Analysis of mercury containing samples. U.S. Patent No. 7,285,419, October 23, 2007.